Fuzion from our friends over at Dynamo Theory summarized the game best. Here’s his take on Houston’s 1-1 draw with Revolution.
For those that didn’t get to watch any of the game, here’s a quick rundown of “highlights”:
1) The Revs Ryan Cochrane pokes home a ricochet off the bar in the 4th minute of play.
2) A lot of crappy service from all over, for the most part the Dynamo couldn’t ever seem to click in the midfield (sound familiar?)
3) Around the 75th minute or so the Dynamo began the “let’s send it deep approach and hope our forwards can control it to offer up chances” technique. It didn’t really work until…
4) In the 89th minute, the ball bounced the Dynamo way off a Brad Davis corner kick and a Carlo Costly header, and the ever-present Bobby Boswell tapped home what might as well have been an empty-netter.
5) In the 93rd minute Moffat got a little rough with a Revs defender as both men chased a ball headed out of bounds. The defender, in my opinion, flopped just a little but that is neither here nor there. The Revs man of the match, Goalkeeper Matt Reis, took to the defense of his defender and got a little rough with Moffat in return. Things escalated, and Moffatmania was born! Both men were ejected, Reis on a straight red and Moffat on a second yellow. Game was over by then so it didn’t matter. Author’s Note: The preliminary game summary from the league did not list Reis or Moffat receiving cautions (or an ejection) at the end of the match.
The Dynamo needed all three points in the run-up to continue to contend for a post-season spot, but a draw on the road is still better than a loss.
In addition to a fairly positive result, the team should be pleased with number of chances created, way the team moved the ball around and maintained possession for spells of time, and for the return of Calen Carr from the injured reserve list to get his first minutes as a Dynamo player.
Houston’s next game is the coming weekend against a struggling but very tough Real Salt Lake. Check Tickermaster or HoustonDynamo.com for tickets, and be sure to check out SB Nation Houston and Dynamo Theory for all your Dynamo news, updates, and opinions.