Roger Clemens will continue his slow and steady comeback on Sept. 8, 2012, when he'll pitch again for the Sugar Land Skeeters.
Per Mark Berman of Houston's Fox 26, Clemens sent the station a text reading, "It looks like we will give the Skeeters the okay to announce that I will start again on Sept. 8."
Clemens, 50, said earlier this week that he had no plans to pitch again following his start on Saturday, in which he threw 3.1 scoreless innings. Clemens clearly had a change of heart, though, and his endgame remains unknown.
The controversial Hall of Fame candidate may be working toward a big-league comeback that would reset the clock on his Cooperstown candidacy, postponing the first year in which he could be considered back another five years. That, of course, would allow more time for the steroid allegations against him to fade from voters' memories.
Houston Astros owner Jim Crane has said he is open to the idea of Clemens returning to the Astros at some point in the future.