Though a few Texans received votes for the 2011 Football Outsiders Awards, it was a coach and a front office type who brought home awards this year. Wade Phillips took home the Bill Arnsparger Award for Coordinator of the Year, winning with 51 percent of the vote.
Rick Smith also took home the Art Rooney Jr. Executive Of the Year award with 23.9 percent of the vote.
Other Texans finishing at the top of their lists include:
- Johnathan Joseph in sixth for Defensive MVP of 2011 with 6.1 percent of the vote
- J.J. Watt in fifth for Rookie of the Year with 3.3 percent of the vote
- Chris Myers, Eric Winston and Duane Brown for 4.4 percent, 2.8 percent and 2.1 percent of the vote, respectively, for best offensive lineman of 2011
- Myers and Winston finishing sixth and ninth in the voting for most deserving offensive player left off the original Pro Bowl roster.
- Watt and Brian Cushing finishing sixth and seventh in the voting for most deserving defensive player left off the original Pro Bowl roster.