wo-time Super Bowl champion and Houston Texans defensive end Jarvis Green is more than just an aficionado of sacking the quarterback. Green is also expert in the kitchen, and one of his culinary delights is a change-up from the traditional hot dogs, chicken wings and hamburgers that are typically served during the big game.
Courtesy of The Food Magazine, here is Jarvis Green's Shrimp Alfredo and Sausage.
2 Pounds Shrimp
½ Pound Thawed Smoked Sausage (cut lengthwise twice, so each slice makes 4 small pieces)
2 ½ (15 oz.) Jars Garlic Alfredo Sauce
½ Cup Chopped Onions
½ Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
2-3 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Pound Linguini Fini Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
• Peel, devein, wash (in cold water) and lightly season shrimp. Then place in refrigerator until needed.
• Sauté onions, bell pepper and garlic in a skillet using the olive oil until onions are translucent.
• Add sausage and shrimp and sauté another 10 minutes.
• Add the garlic alfredo sauce, and let simmer for about 20 minutes, just until the shrimp is cooked thoroughly, but tender.
• Add a little milk if too thick, to achieve desired consistency.
• Boil pasta and drain.• Mix alfredo sauce in a bowl with pasta or serve on top of pasta.
• Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper for an extra kick or shredded cheese.
• Goes great with garlic bread!
For more on the Patriots and their Super Bowl run, check out SB Nation's Patriots blog, Pats Pulpit as well as SB Nation Boston. For more on the Giants and their Super Bowl appearance, visit Giants blog Big Blue View and SB Nation New York. For all news and information regarding Super Bowl XLVI, please stay tuned to SB Nation's dedicated Super Bowl hub.