News And Notes, July 30th:
- According to Nick Scurfield, the attendance for the morning session of training camp was the highest in team history.
- Arian Foster got first-team running back reps and looked strong, according to just about anyone who was tweeting away out at camp.
- Undrafted rookie cornerback Pierre Singfield was given his walking papers as a corresponding move to Kareem Jackson’s signing. Jackson’s contract details also leaked out, and I updated them in the earlier threads. Still waiting for news on Ben Tate’s particulars.
- Some players who stood out according to Drew Dougherty were Glover Quin and Mark Parson, who picked off a pair of passes. Andre Johnson made an incredible catch that had observers ooh’ing and ah’ing.
- Nobody specifically asked Coach Gary Kubiak about who was in line to start on the strong side for the duration of Brian Cushing’s four-game suspension. Asked about the practice reps for the linebackers, Kubiak said that there would be plenty of them to go around up until the first preseason game.
- According to BigRon281, a passionate Texans fan who was at the practice, Antwuan Molden ran with the #1 CB’s while Jackson was getting his contract taken care of. Meanwhile Frank Okam and Earl Mitchell formed the tandem for the second string DT’s.