The Houston Astros' 2011 schedule was released Tuesday night to the public. First up on the slate? The Philadelphia Phillies, April 1 at Citizens Bank Park. After dropping four straight to the Astros at home earlier this month, the Phils will be out to redeem themselves and get their own 2011 campaign off to a fast start.
Some other topics of note:
- The Astros' home opener is Friday, April 8 against the Florida Marlins.
- Conversely, they close out the 2011 season at home against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The longest road trip the Astros face is within their division - they play Chicago, St. Louis and Milwaukee over a ten-game span at the end of July. Their longest home stand is in April, when they play ten games against Florida, Chicago and San Diego.
- Interleague play includes series against Toronto, Texas, Tampa Bay and Boston.
- The battle for the Silver Boot against the Rangers begins Monday, June 20 in Arlington and returns to Houston the following week.