Ed Wade turned 55 today, so I hunted him down, tackled him out of instinct, picked him back up, patted him on the shoulder, and yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I'm also firm believer in birthday lists, which is why I asked him to jot down some gift ideas; nothing extravagant on our new payroll, of course.
I will try my best to prepare what I can with my fellow Houstonians. His letter after the jump:
Thank you for being so kind and giving. I wish I could say the same to the organization.
For my birthday, I would like the following:
1. Please make Carlos Lee do that P90X workout video. Or tell him to stop eating the oranges that fill the train at Minute Maid Park. He thinks they're real.
2. Please find and sign my main bullpen man, Flash, Mr. Tom Gordon.
3. How old is Mickey Morandini? Can he play? No? Let him take over coaching at 1st base....he'll bring in more fans than that Cruz guy.
4. Convince Bagwell to come back to coach. Pwetty Pwetty please. Tell him he can submit my vote next year.
5. The Astros could use some more B's, you know, to bring back that Killer B thing. Let's trade for Joe Blanton and Domonic Brown...and Roy Oswalt. Just to make him a little upset :)
Thanks again Alan,