American David Zabriskie won the Stage 5 Time Trial in the Amgen Tour of California and, with his performance, took over the top spot in the standings.
Zabriskie won the stage with a time of 35:39, which was much better than previous leader Peter Sagan's 39:26. As a result, Zabriskie took the overall lead and will assume the leader's jersey heading into Stage 6.
Lawson Craddock was the top performer for the Austin-based Bontrager-LIVESTRONG team, coming in 12th place at 1:30 behind Zabriskie. Nathan Brown in 19th place (+1:49) was the only other member of the team to finish in the top 50.
Here are the provisional general classification standings after Stage 5:
1) Dave Zabriskie (GRM) - 20:29:31
2) Tejay Van Garderen (BMC) - -:34
3) Robert Gesink (RAB) - :39
4) Andrew Talansky (GRM) - :48
5) Peter Velits (OPQ) - :49
6) Luke Durbridge (OGE) - 1:01
7) Tom Danielson (GRM) - 1:07
8) Rory Sutherland (UHC) - 1:10
9) Cameron Meyer (OGE) - 1:26
10) Markel Irizar (RNT) - 1:29
SB Nation's cycling blog Podium Cafe is your source for intelligent cycling news and analysis. For more news and notes on The Tour of California be sure to stay tuned to this storystream.