Big news today from the NFL as the league has announced a major change in its uniform provider. Nike has been named as the replacement for Reebok, whose contract is up after this season.
Reebok has been the NFL's uniform provider for the past decade, so, suffice to say, this is a major deal and a home run for Nike.
Beginning April 12, the NFL will have seven major apparel partners:
- Nike will be the official uniform provider and will produce all on-field apparel including game uniforms and base layer, as well as sideline personnel apparel and fan gear.
- New Era will be the official on-field headwear supplier and will produce headwear for the sidelines and for fans.
- Under Armour will continue as the official sponsor of the NFL Scouting Combine. Under Armour will outfit Combine participants and also offer Combine apparel beginning in 2012.
- GIII will continue as a key apparel partner manufacturing fan gear, including outerwear and lifestyle collections for men and women.
- VF will continue as a key apparel partner manufacturing fan gear, including t-shirts and fleece.
- Outerstuff will continue as the NFL's youth apparel provider.
- '47 Brand will produce headwear for fans.