It went largely unnoticed due to the Texans flopping on the field against the Tennessee Titans, but now it's official: Andre Johnson is The Franchise.
Andre Johnson has long been the national face of the franchise. Amongst the mediocrity and David Carr, Johnson has been the lone shining light that could always cheer up even the most pessimistic of Texans fans. Last week, Johnson made his 115th start in deep steel blue to surpass Chester Pitts' franchise record of 114 starts.
Congratulations to Andre for setting another Texans franchise record. Below the jump, there are a few more reachable records and milestones that could fall when Houston takes on the Denver Broncos.
- One more rushing touchdown sets a team record. Houston currently has 16 touchdowns which ties the team record set in 2004 and 2008.
- Houston needs 178 rushing yards to break the 2004 team's record of 1,884 yards.
- NT Shaun Cody could set a career season-high with four more tackles to get him to 38.
- TE Joel Dreessen could tie and break Owen Daniels' record for most touchdown receptions by a tight end. Daniels' record is five touchdowns while Dreessen currently has four.
- RB Arian Foster needs two more touchdowns to become the first non-kicker Texan to top 100 points in a season. He's already the single-season franchise leader in rushing yards, most games with 100-plus yards rushing, total yards from scrimmage, rushing touchdowns, and total touchdowns.
- Andre Johnson needs 84 receiving yards to become the eighth receiver in NFL history to have three straight seasons of 1,300-plus receiving yards. He also needs two more touchdowns to set a new franchise single-season record for receiving touchdowns (currently at eight). Johnson still has an outside shot at becoming the first receiver to lead the NFL in receiving yards for three-straight season and top 1,500-plus yards in three straight seasons.
- Matt Schaub sits 193 passing yards shy of his second-consecutive season of 4,000-plus passing yards.
If nothing else, you could watch Sunday's game to see if any of these records and milestones can be reached. If you don't watch then no one could blame you.