On Wednesday, all-pro wide receiver Andre Johnson was a no-go at Houston Texans practice. Johnson has missed five consecutive games after undergoing surgery to repair an injured hamstring. With the bye week looming and an AFC South leading 6-3 record for Gary Kubiak's bunch, the idea that Johnson would continue to play it cautious and return after the bye week.
That would mean that Johnson wouldn't return until Houston's November 27th contest versus the Jacksonville Jaguars.
"There's still a possibility," Kubiak said. "He's on schedule. Everything's going well, but it'll be a weekend decision again."
Players who did not practice on Wednesday:
- Wide Receiver Andre Johnson
- Offensive Tackle Eric Winston
- Defensive End Antonio Smith
- Outside Linebacker Connor Barwin
- Inside Linebacker Brian Cushing
- Defensive Tackle Earl Mitchell.